Tuesday, February 20, 2018

One More Health Hurdle to Clear


I visited the health clinic at University of Iowa hospital yesterday for some follow-up tests related to my auto accident on February 5.  Chest X-rays revealed that the fluid in my left lung area increased in size despite all my efforts to follow a rigorous breathing exercise program designed to eliminate the excess fluids.  I've been doing deep breathing exercises every hour since I returned home from the accident two weeks ago.  CT scans confirmed what my docs saw in the morning X-rays.  The good news is the seven broken ribs and the injured spleen are healing.  The bad news is my body is not quite out of the danger zone yet.  The least invasive method to force the fluid out of my left lung is to start taking a diuretic twice a day.  I'm giving it a try with prescription medicine beginning today and will return to the clinic next Monday for another evaluation to see if this solves the problem.

I can't say enough good things about the health care professionals who are caring for me.  And I do believe all those prayers from friends and family are aiding in my recovery efforts.  I admit it's really challenging to keep up with all my caregivers are asking of me, especially trying to walk ten minutes every hour.  Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.  Have a great day.

No comments: