Sunday, February 25, 2018

Oral Health is Your First Defense in Battle for Good Health


How often do you brush your teeth?  If you are among the 30% of Americans who brush less than twice a day, today's post is especially for you.  And if you think you're off the hook because you're in the majority when it comes to frequent brushing, here's one more follow-up question:  what about daily flossing?  According to one survey I read, 60% of Americans floss less than once per day.  Poor oral health is your ticket to trouble.  As you build up your frequent flyer miles, the skies become more unfriendly.

I'm especially sensitive to my oral health now because I can't afford to take any chances while my body is in recovery from an auto accident.  I'm currently taking diuretics to help eliminate fluid in my chest cavity that doesn't belong there.  The side effect of the medicine is reduced saliva flow which could impact my oral health.  In order to minimize my risk, I'm making sure to brush and floss twice a day.  The choices you make regarding your oral health will go a long way in your battle to maintain good health.  And don't forget to see your dentist twice a year.  You deserve good health and the world could benefit from more smiling faces.  Have a great day.

No comments: