Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentines Day


This is one of our strangest Valentine's days ever in our 28 years of marriage.  This day falls on the first day of Lent, a time period in our faith meant to help us prepare for the greatest moment in human history – The Resurrection.  After surviving a horrific automobile accident last week that sent me to the trauma center with seven broken ribs and an injured spleen, I can assure you I won't be taking our Valentine's Day, or any day for granted.  I'm counting my blessings.  And I'm planning on savoring every moment with my wife tonight when she returns home from work.  We're planning to vist our house of worship, my first trip since the accident.  Our pastor will place ashes on our foreheads, reminders we will return to ashes but we will live forever in Jesus.  Isn't it nice to know he conquered death?  Isn't it also nice to know he loves us unconditionally?

Here's a great Bible verse for you to ponder on the Valentine's Day:

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance ~ 1 Corinthians 13:7

Happy Valentine's Day.  Have a great day.

No comments: