Friday, February 23, 2018

Living in Bonus Time


Jesus is in charge of my time clock.  I turned it over long ago and have no regrets about it.  The calendar is all his.  This includes daily activities, priorities, etc.  As a believer, I understand the clock never really expires.  It's eternal.  On this side of eternity, there are stages, like seasons in nature, or periods in sports.  Our lives on earth are finite, but our time on the other side is infinite.  Like it or not, we're going to be around forever.

I've been spending a lot of time during my recovery since my auto accident on February 5 thinking about my time on earth.  For me, that moment I was struck by a fast-moving van on my driver's side door was a defining moment.  The only way I can explain surviving is that there was something Divine happening.  It was some sort of miracle on ice.  I believe I'm officially living in bonus time.  We never really know when that earthly time clock will expire.  That's why living every day to its fullest is so important.  Never miss an opportunity to say, "I love you," or "I'm sorry, please forgive me."  Let Jesus be in charge of your time clock.  Have a great day.

No comments: