Saturday, February 10, 2018

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You


It's been a little over 100 hours since my auto accident in my hometown on Monday, Feb 5 at approximately 3:00 pm.  Our daughter and I were heading home after a full day moving her belongings out of her apartment.  Mother Nature hit us hard with a Winter storm that made road conditions hazardous.  You can read more about the accident in earlier posts from this week.  I was released from the trauma team at the University of Iowa hospital on Tuesday afternoon within 24 hours of the accident and I'm home for an extended period of rest and recovery.

Perhaps one of the most powerful influences in my recovery is my network of friends and family.  I'm so thankful for the outpouring of love, support and prayers.  I also appreciate your willingness to let me sleep because that is what I need most.  Special thanks to my sister, Ann Mazzola, for keeping friends and family updated while I'm resting and to my wife for her willingness to assist at all hours of the day and night.  Have a great day.


No comments: