Thursday, February 16, 2017

Writer Finds New Meaning For Labor Day


When I began telling friends and family members I was pregnant with another book, some took it literally and wanted to know more about the baby.  There's no baby.  It's a book and it's going to be birthed on... drum roll, wait for it – Labor Day (Mexico celebrates Labor Day on May 1).    My life is stranger than fiction.  Someone is writing the script and it's not me.  Whoever it is, they have a great sense of humor.  I'm not laughing.  That doesn't happen when you're in your third trimester of writing and your graphic artist isn't around to help with the sonogram of the front cover because her family is sick.   That's okay.  No need to panic.  There are seventy-four days to go until this baby is delivered at Children's hospital.

The questions are looming about what this baby is all about.  The size and weight are still unknown but I can share my hopes for the wee one.  It's all about being healthy.   My desire for the next generation that follows us is that cancer is cured, diabetes is curbed and all other food-related diseases are eliminated.  Change like this is not easy.  All I can say is I hope the delivery is smooth on May 1.  Please come back and visit my new baby.  Have a great day.


No comments: