Monday, February 27, 2017

Why I Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk


I don't have aspirations of being a sumo wrestler.  If I did, I'd probably cry over spilled milk because it's a sure fire way to gain weight rapidly.  Other than the small amounts of milk my wife adds to her coffee, there's no dairy in our household.  I cut the cheese and the ice cream when I gave my cousin's caveman food experiment a try to see if I could reduce my blood pressure without using medication.  He had a feeling something I was eating may be causing my numbers to spike.  The idea behind his experiment was to cut out all the suspects and everything was a suspect during the 45-day trial except fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  The experiment worked.  I never went back to dairy.  Like most foods consumed in the US, it's been modified.  A single glass of milk can contain as many as 20 painkillers, growth hormones and antibiotics.  Although sumo wrestling is out, I'm happy to spar with anyone who tells me milk is safe for consumption.  Have a great day.

No comments: