Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Second Chances


Has there ever been a time in your life when you needed a second chance?  Or maybe someone close to you hurt you and that person regrets the pain they caused you?  How quick are you to give that person a second chance?  Is it even an option?

Forgiveness is something I struggle with.  I have to remind myself about the One I follow.  Jesus passes out second chances like no other.  I don't know about you but if somebody nailed me to a cross after torturing me relentlessly and forcing me to carry a big stick through a crowd, I would really struggle to say, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

That's what second chances are – acts of forgiveness.  Do overs.  We all need mulligans.  I'm going to keep working on this.  Today is a new day.  It's a clean slate.  I'm going to do my best to consider this day as a fresh start.  How about you?  Do you see the second chance exit just ahead?  Have a great day.

No comments: