Monday, August 15, 2016

Mental Fitness Check


This has been one of my most interesting weeks ever.  One week ago at this time my surgeon was repairing a groin hernia.  He used a robot named Davinci to conduct the surgery with slender robot fingers that looked like something right of Star Trek.  Although the surgery was considered outpatient, I felt like someone whacked me in my midsection with a baseball bat and I needed some serious sleeping time in order to regain my composure.

It's hard for me to apply the brakes, especially when it comes to physical fitness.  The reality for me is that without allowing my body the necessary time to recover I'm at risk of undoing everything my surgeon did last week to heal my body.  My recuperation time gives me the opportunity to examine my mental fitness.  Your body won't go where your mind doesn't push it.  My only body parts working properly right now are my fingers and they're all I need during my down time this precious time I've been given to work on my next book.  If I'm going to pass this fitness test, I need my fingers to do the walking for the next nine months until I cross the finish line on May 1, 2017.  That's my mental fitness challenge.  What's yours?  What plans do you have to push your body this year?  Have a great day.

No comments: