Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Sunrise

First sunrise at our new home in Iowa.


The second road trip to Iowa is complete.  The 1880 mile road trip through California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Nebraska ended at exit 220 in Iowa after sunset last night.  My youngest son and I unloaded our car and headed over to the storage shed to pick up our mattresses stored away just six blocks from our new home.  We don't officially get the keys until May 1, however we got to wake up to our first sunrise in our new place.

Family members were nervous when I told them I was taking the northern route.  Not one drop of rain or one snow flake dropped on me during my adventure.  I was accompanied by my friends, Wilson, Ramona and Umbro.  They posed in hundreds of photographs which I will share in the next few days.

The photo you see above is from our first sunrise.  Time for the next chapter of my life to begin.  It feels so good be back with my family.  We don't have internet access yet, so I'm writing this story from McDonald's.  Very nice to have free Wi-fi here.  Looks like I may have to be a regular.  It's only a two mile jaunt from my abode.

No comments: