Monday, March 29, 2010

Who are You?

It is no accident that you are reading this blog at this very moment. It is also no accident that you have been created. Today's blog, like the 200+ posts before it, is a special message that has been inspired by the Holy Spirit and it is just for you. It does not matter what "label" you put on yourself, such as Mormon, Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic, Agnostic, or even Atheist. It does not matter whether you are married, single, widowed or divorced. It does not matter what job you do or if you are searching for work. You are a child of God, that is what matters.

It was easy for me to live in a cave for so many years. I did not have to worry about being judged by other people and I could keep my crazy beliefs to myself. Due to the nature of my work, I learned to avoid answering questions on religion and politics. Some of you reading this blog may find that I am evasive when it comes to my own "label". This is deliberate. I may share my personal experiences here but I try to keep my own opinions out of the way so that the focus on this blog can be on you. In reality, I am just the middle man, the publisher.

My life outside the cave is not an easy one and I know deep inside that it is not supposed to be easy. The day I let go of the rope and turned my life over to God, everything changed. As I look back at my life, I wish I would have listened to that voice inside of me sooner rather than later. Every day is filled with choices. You have been given the free will to choose which direction you want to go. If I had control of my life, I would travel on the road that did not require so many sacrifices but I understand that God has other ideas.

If you are not sure who you are or why you were created, why not just say a prayer to the Creator and ask Him to show you? Maybe your purpose is to lead others to the Creator? All of us are connected. Your choices and your actions will affect the people you are connected to. Don't worry about what others think about you, focus on who you are in God's eyes and what He wants you to do with your life. When you are faced with a fork in the road, ask the Creator to show you which way to go. If you choose to follow Him, make sure to also ask Him for the wisdom to handle what lies ahead, the strength to keep moving forward and the courage to fight against the evil forces that will try to stop you.

It also helps to pray for other people to help you on your journey. Life is like a chess game. The Evil One already knows that He is going to lose but that does not stop Him from trying to mess with your life. Surround yourself with people who can encourage you and support you. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the hidden traps that are on the chess board. Help the other pawns on the board reach their full potential and sacrifice everything for the benefit of the King. When the game is life is over, you will be rewarded with a new life that is everlasting. When the King greets you, He will recognize you because He will see a reflection of Himself in you; that is who you really are...

No comments: