Friday, March 12, 2010

Broken Promises

Today's post is inspired by someone very close to me. The identity will remain confidential but the apology is public. Those of you who know me understand that I always see the glass half full. I have done my best all my life to set high goals and dream big. When I failed, I always got back up and tried again.

For reasons that are out of my control, I have made promises that I have not been able to keep. These broken promises have hurt people that I love. If you are one of those people that is upset that I did not keep a promise, I am deeply sorry and I ask your forgiveness.

When we look up at the sky during this season of Winter, most of the time we have trouble seeing the sun or the blue sky. Everything is covered by the clouds. The clouds I am talking about are our doubts, our lack of faith and a voice that says "you are going to fail". The sun is still there but we cannot see it. The Son is there too, even though we cannot see Him. He has given us a gift, it is the tiny voice that we can barely hear. This voice says, "you are a child of God. Trust that the Son is out there listening to your prayers and watching over you. Follow my voice and trust that the clouds will one day disappear."

If you have found yourself in a situation where you have had to break a promise, ask that person to forgive you. Forgive others that did not live up to your expectations and remember to listen to that little voice inside you that will guide you on your journey. Sunny days are ahead.

No comments: