Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Quiet Time

I got a new cell phone for Christmas so that I can access my work email while I am away from home and the office. While it makes customer service better, it can also increase the workload throughout the day. The younger generation can text on their phones with two thumbs faster than some of us can on a full key board. I will have to practice in order to speed up the process of typing on a cell phone.

I love all the new technology that is in our world today but sometimes I wonder if the fast pace of this world is good for us. I have decided to block out time each day to just be quiet. I do this in church but that is only once a week and only for about ten minutes.

As the new year approaches, take some time out of your busy day and meditate. Let your brain have some quiet time. I am going to start with 15 minutes a day. Good luck preparing for the new year.

No comments: