Sunday, September 25, 2022

Meet Barbi of Firefly Cafe

 


Many argue that customer service is a lost art.  The same people complain passion no longer exists in our society.  I beg to differ.  Yesterday I walked into Firefly Cafe located in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, Anoconda, Montana.  The cashier/host greeted us cheerfully and shared the specials of the day.  It was a pleasant surprise to see her passion for serving.  We ordered our food and sat down.

Barbi came out of the kitchen dressed in green.  She wanted to know everything about us.  We became like family in a matter of moments.  "Are you the owner?"  I asked.

"My husband, Steve, and I are living our dreams.  We've been married 30 years.  We attended culinary school together."

Barbi shared the details of building her dream to serve others the finest foods in her cafe.  Her logo says it all.  She talked about how she discovered her love of fireflies when she was stuck inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.  Her green outfit she wears is a tribute to Tinkerbell.  Our whole experience at Firefly cafe was magical.  

I was the last person in the group to leave.  Perhaps I didn't want this experience to end.  Barbi's husband, Steve, walked out of the kitchen as I was mulling over some information laid out for visitors.  A printout of Psalm 91 was on the table and I picked it up as Steve walked over to greet me.  

A voice inside my head told me this was going to be my next blog story so I told Steve and Barbi about my blog and that I was going to talk them up.  By the way, if you haven't visited Montana, please go.  

My wife walked back in wanting to persuade me to get moving but I delayed to hear Barbi tell me her full story.  Barbi was on her deathbed during her bout with COVID-19.  Miraculously, she recovered.  Perhaps she had her own angels buzzing around like fireflies to bring her back, just like it says in Psalm 91.

There are many big things to do when you visit Montana.  Go to Yellowstone.  Visit Glacier.  Experience the hot springs.  Whatever you do, put Anaconda on your list and eat at the Firefly cafe.  Your taste buds will come alive.  Your faith in customer service will be restored.  Thank you, Barbi and Steve, for sharing you passion with us.  Have a great day.


No comments: