Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Is This Man an Irish Ancestor?

 


Tonight I'm sharing a wee bit about the inspiration behind my first novel, "The Caveman in the Mirror" with my Ireland pilgrimage friends.  It's going to be interesting.  Spoiler alert... It's biblical.  All I can say right now is that when I saw this man you see pictured here, the resesemblance to the main character in my story was uncanny.  

Yesterday we visited a museum in Cobh, Ireland featuring the Titanic where the prisoner you see here was on display from Spike Island.  That's where the Irish prisoners were sent to pay for their crimes.  By the way, my father-in-law was nicknamed Spike.  I'll share more later about our adventures when I have more time. Once again I'm on a super tight schedule and I need to check out of my hotel.  We're headed to the Blarney stone.  According to legend, kissing the Blarney stone results in the gift of gab.  Maybe this will help when I'm sharing about my own personal caveman encounter.  Have a great day.

No comments: