Saturday, September 10, 2022

Fingers Released From Captivity in Ireland

 


Warning!  I kissed the blarney stone this week.  My storytelling may never be the same.  My ten fingers were released from writing captivity yesterday after ten days of incarceration in Ireland.  It's the longest they've ever been separated from my MacBook Pro where they routinely dance about the keyboard every morning before sunrise like the Irish dancers we saw while on our pilgrimage.  Incarceration is not new to me or my ancestors.  If it weren't for an act of God over 2,000 years ago, a certain disheveled character suspected to be from my bloodlines may have died in captivity in a cave where he dwelled.  You can read more about this ancestor in Luke 8:26-40.  Should you happen to find a copy of the Hebrew to Latin translation known as a Vulgate Bible, you will discover that this demoniac, once freed from the evil spirits, published all the good that Jesus had done for him.  The keyword in this rare version is the word publish as I suspect I'm not the only Mulligan in the family who kissed the blarney stone and went on to tell the world.  My grandmother on my dad's side of the family often said in her day that the three fastest forms of communication were the telegram, the telephone and the tell-a-mulligan.

According to the Bible story, the man frequently broke out of his chains and ran around naked harassing the village people.  The villagers mostly tolerated the demoniac until Jesus visited and cast the demons out of him sending the devils into the pigs. Thousands of pigs went mad and jumped off the cliff drowning in the Sea of Galilee.  Make sure you read my first novel, "The Caveman in the Mirror" for more about him and other ancestors who inherited the writing gene.  

As for my incarceration in Ireland, it wasn't my whole body that was arrested.  Only the ten fingers.  My index finger was allowed limited typing/swiping time ten minutes a day to share daily blog messages.  When I'm traveling one finger typing is sometimes the only way I can keep in touch with all of you.  

The pilgrimage is over.  My fingers are free.  My soul is cleansed.  Miracles happened.  You can ask me about them when you see me.  I hope there's not too much malarkey here for one story.  Humor me, please.  My fingers are happy to be released from captivity in Ireland.  As for the rest of me, I'm thankful for the ten days I spent in Ireland.  I'm also thankful for the daily offered by our spiritual guide, Bishop Thomas Zinkula, and for the new friends I made in Ireland.  Give your soul a break and visit Ireland.  Make it a pilgrimage for an enhanced experience.  Have a great day.

No comments: