Sunday, July 24, 2022

Ragbrai is a Partial Scratch

Today is the first official day for avid cyclists who are cycling 462 miles across the the northern portion of Iowa.  I was planning to be one of "those" people today but I instead listened to the smarter one in our household who voiced a strong opinion.  There's a reason why our 33 years of marriage is so strong.  We listen to each other and make compromises.  My wife is not against the idea of Ragbrai.  She prefers that I take a longer term approach to proper training and ease into it.  

I'm still working out the details of the compromise.  Instead of a full week of cycling 40 to 100 miles daily, I will dip my toes in the shallow end of the pool and ride for at least a day with the possibility of camping overnight on the side of the road in order to extend the adventure an extra day.  The balance of my time can be used to work on my book projects this week.  This makes sense for our household since my time in Verona has been extended and I will be reporting one week from tomorrow for another twenty-one days.  Good luck to all the participants.  I hope to see you on the road some time this week.  Have a great day.

No comments: