Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Outdoor Camping Tonight

 I can't believe how excited I am.  The plan is in place for a couple of days of riding along the Ragbrai route.  I'm camping at a high school in Mason City tonight.  At 7am tomorrow morning I meet up with my team for our ride.  If all goes well, we will be cycling from Mason City to Charles City.  Our team captain arranged for us to camp at a private residence about seven miles away from where the other 18,000 cyclists are staying.  We pack up in the morning and head to West Union.  A retired couple volunteered to drive us back to Mason City so we can pick up our vehicles and go home.

I'm beyond thrilled to team up with a new friend and his girl friend.  We met when the couple was cycling and I was hiking with my wife in the Amana Colonies.  He offered us beers and we talked about cycling.  I was hooked.  My hope is that this experience continues with expanded chapters in future years.  I will post pictures when this ride comes to a conclusion.  Have a great day.

No comments: