Sunday, July 31, 2022

Can Cellular Aging Be Reversed?

Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand are testing the world's first rejuvenating genes.  They call these genes "Rejuvenating DNA by Genomic Stability Molecules" or RED-GEMs.  Based on the success with old mice, pigs, and macaques, they are now going to begin human clinical trials late next year.  This is great news for those suffering from chronic diseases such as hypertension, osteoporosis and dementia as researchers believe these diseases may be related to the destruction of our DNA over time.  Imagine what your life would be like if you were able to somehow reverse this destruction of your own cells.  If other species are having positive outcomes with RED-GEMs, why can't this success be duplicated in humans?

Researchers are now testing mice with Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases to see what happens when the rejuvenating genes are introduced.  I plan to follow these folks at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok as they initiate human trials.  The encouraging part about the findings is that there have not been any side effects other than reversing the aging process.  

Before I close today, I would like to offer my two cents related to aging.  Please keep in mind that I am not doctor although I am attracted to research in this field and I don't mind experimenting with molecules that are being used by researchers who are attempting to slow down or reverse the aging process.  Some may even call me a human lab rat because of my own personal trials.  Make sure you consult your physician before trying some of these ideas on yourself.  The bottom line is I'm experiencing results that seem to defy my own age.  Like the lab rat who turned into an energizer bunny and broke the measuring scale because it outran all others of its species when introduced to certain molecules, I had similar results when I climbed on my bike and rode 80 miles in two days over the hilly terrain in Northern Iowa just four days ago.  I could have gone further but that was the limit I agreed to in order to appease my wife.  She is not as fond of experiments as I am but she is becoming a believer in my protocols based on what she's seeing with her own eyes.  By the way, my legs are still feeling great after the bike ride.  If you're interested in this subject, please refer to my previous stories about this in my blog archives.  Have a great day.


No comments: