Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Joy, Joy, Joy

Before I begin today, I would like to give a shout out to my younger brother.  He's one year younger than me and today is his birthday.  My brother is living proof you can overcome any obstacle.  Happy birthday, bro.  Thanks for all you do to help those most in need of a hand up. 

I would like to share some joy with you today.  This is my vacation week.  I was originally planning to ride my bike across Iowa with approximately 18,000 riders from all over America.  After listening to my wife, I  decided to cut my ride time by about 80 to 90% and proceed cautiously.  You see, the last time I ignored her, I ended up nearly dead when I skidded off the road, back on the road, and collided with a fast-moving van who didn't see me until it was too late.  My wife had a premonition the morning of the accident and warned me.  Let's just say my listening skills are improving.

Now the joy, joy, joy part.  The scorching heat riders encountered on day one of Ragbrai is now behind us.  The skies are clearing after a bit of rain and temps are becoming ideal.  My original team found a way to get back on track and we are meeting Thursday morning to ride together.  The logistics are being worked out for ride support.  A few moments ago, the captain of my team texted that we now have more options for moving forward.  I will be sharing my Ragbrai experiences with you in future stories.  It's going to be a great adventure.  Have a great day.

 

No comments: