Thursday, July 28, 2022

Find a Way to Win

 For approximately 18,000 Ragbrai cyclists, this is day 5.  For my friends and me, it's our day 1.  Yes, we are irregular in our approach.  Consider us Late In and Early Out for Ragbrai.  I call it the "compromise bike ride" since I'm taking into consideration my wife's concerns about my lack of proper training.  The inclement weather during training season didn't help.  That's okay, this team of new friends I'm with found a way to come together and help each other do something special, bike partway across Iowa.

I feel blessed with amazing weather we're having this week.  Highs were in the 90s on day one.  Temps this week are topping out at 80º setting us up for success today and tomorrow.  We plan to exit the course tomorrow, one day before the other riders cross the finish line at the Mississippi River in Lansing.  

Come back on the weekend to see some pictures from the Ragbrai adventure.  Special thanks to my friend, Steve, his girlfriend, Joan, Kevin, and the volunteers who offered lodging, ride support, and encouragement for this cycling newbie.  I would also like to thank my friend, Steve, from my day job who parted with his beloved bike.  He gave me the friends and family price.  I promised Steve I would take great care of my new ride and hope this is only the beginning of a lifelong adventure.  Have a great day.

No comments: