Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year

 Did it feel different this morning when you woke up?  What kind of year is this going to be for you?  Are you excited?  Nervous?  Prepared?  Are your expectations high?  How will you feel when this year comes to a conclusion at the end of twelve months?  If you're not sure about what's ahead, I have a thought for you.

This morning I woke up and an old song popped into my head, "You Get What You Give," by the New Radicals.  Gregg Alexander said the main theme of the song was "remembering to fly high and be completely off your head in a world where you can't control all the elements."  This strikes a note with me.  So does "you get what you give."  All I can say is I'm ready.  I'm all in.  I want to do a whole lot of giving.  Yes, none of us can control the elements.  What we can focus our energy on is making the world around us better through our own unique contributions.  What do you have to offer this world?  Fly high.  Be completely off your head.  Happy New Year!  Have a great day.



No comments: