Sunday, January 21, 2024

My Backyard at 1º During Sunrise

 


My Arizona/California friends struggle to see what I see in my Midwest environment this time of year.  Yes, it's cold.  Brutally cold.  Yes, the roads are hazardous.  Yes, I was involved in a serious auto accident that nearly ended my life during a winter storm similar to the ones that have been passing through lately.  Yes, more storms are on the way starting tomorrow.  So, what do I see?  They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  Here it is.  Sunrise.  I noticed vibrant colors kissing my closed blinds good morning prompting me to open them wide and see what you see.  Ah, the sunrise casting a warm tint of color on the fresh blanket of snow, now over two feet in depth stretching as far as the eye can see.  It's glorious.  The walk to our house of worship will be brisk.  Sure, we could drive.  We choose to walk and absorb all that Mother Nature offers this morning.  Have a great day.

No comments: