Saturday, January 27, 2024

How to Overcome Sleep Anxiety

 You decided you want to sleep better.  Congratulations!  That's the first step.  There is one danger to consider when you attempt to change your sleep habits.  It has to do with sleep tracking.  This happened to me when I started sleeping with my smart watch.  This is sleep anxiety.  It's probably the same reason my blood pressure readings go up when I visit my doctor.  I know I'm being monitored and this seems to raise my anxiety levels.  

The best way to overcome sleep anxiety is to keep measuring while paying attention to any positive improvements.  If you understand continuous improvement will eventually get you in the good range, there is nothing to fear.  Once you get to the good range and stay there consistently, all anxiety disappears.  It took approximately 30 days of measuring to finally get to a point where my sleep is where I want it to be.  Try it for yourself.  Have a great day.

No comments: