Monday, November 21, 2022

Are You a Believer?

What a roller coaster ride we are on right now in Ankeny opening up a new location.  It was such a relief to sit down at Outback Steakhouse with two of my teammates from Wisconsin at the conclusion of a fast-weekend.  Our food server discovered where we work and started asking questions.  I stunned my friends when I asked her, "Are you a believer?"

I will keep her answer confidential.  What I will share is what led up to the question.  My friends are about as varied as you will ever see.  We don't argue about who is right about their particular beliefs.  Let's just say that one of us was raised under communist rule, the other in a mixed religious family and I am the one attempting to see how we all fit.  When I shared this with our food server she wanted to know more.  For me, the conversation was a God moment.

How about you?  Are you a believer?  How would you feel about having dinner with others who may have been raised in an environment different from your upbringing?  How would you respond if someone asked you to share your faith with them?  All I can say is I'm thankful my journey through the Bible in a Year podcast is almost complete.  Have a great day.

No comments: