Tuesday, November 15, 2022

BIAY Podcast Yields Fruit

 


If the next two weeks of my day job assignment are anything like my first day yesterday, I'm in for one heck of a roller coaster ride.  It all started with a simple morning prayer..."Jesus, let's go.  I'm ready to do anything you ask of me."  I showed up at the car rental place and was offered the best rental vehicle in the fleet, a brand new 2022 Ford Edge with all the bells and whistles.  Oh my, what a blessing.

I was a couple of days behind on my daily Bible in a Year podcast so I caught up in my rental vehicle while driving to Ankeny.  There is much hustle and bustle right now in preparation for our grand opening this week.  Our team dined together after an exceptional day getting new members signed up.  

I sat next to a wine steward with one of the most interesting stories I've ever heard.  We talked mostly about grapes until I asked about where he grew up.  Muldalvia borders Ukraine and Romania.  Boris was raised under communist rule.  This is not a good place to get started, especially if you happen to be Jewish.  I was dancing around the elephant in the room.  You probably know where I'm headed.  Yep.  The one who turns water into wine.  Not ordinary wine but the best wine ever experienced by us mortals.

I'm going to keep the conversation private.  What I will say here is Boris is a huge history buff.  He happens to be a descendant of Aaron, the brother of Moses.  His tribe is charged with worship.  This is the only tribe without any rights to land.  I was on the edge of my seat all evening.  Boris asked for a link to my BIAY podcast and told me he would check it out.  Can you believe that?  

It's time to head off to our temporary facility for another extraordinary day.  Have a great day.

No comments: