Sunday, November 20, 2022

A Double Blessing

 Yesterday two of my friends from our Ireland pilgrimage stopped in to say hello at our new Ankeny location.  My wife and I became so close with Pat and Sharon that we felt like family.  Sharon calls me her brother.  The couple who live in the quad cities were in town to see their family and cheer for their college football team.  We only visited for a couple of minutes but I shared that I would be worshipping this morning nearby and they are going to join me.  That's the first blessing.

Last night we said goodbye to another friend who had been our project coordinator since September.  Dennis is one of those people you bond with instantly.  A bunch of us ate dinner together to celebrate a successful opening.  On my way out the door my new friend Boris, a wine steward from Wisconsin, shouted out about a movie I want to see with him.  

"When are we going?"  He asked. The others at his table were curious.  Who knows?  Maybe we will all see The Chosen together after work.  It opened in theaters on Friday for a limited time.  This is my second blessing because most of the main characters in the movie are jewish just like my friend Boris who is a direct descendant of Aaron, the brother of Moses.  

If you're reading this story and you happen to be in or near Ankeny, ask me if you would like to see this movie with me and Boris.  Boris agreed to go with me as long as we drink wine.  The first time I met Boris I joked that the best wine known to man came from Jesus.  Have a great day.

No comments: