Sunday, March 3, 2019

Have You Listened to Your Gut Lately?


My gut has been telling me for a long time there's something wrong with our food supply.   Unfortunately, I didn't listen and it cost me dearly.  I paid the high price by consuming foods that gave my gut and the rest of my body some serious trouble.  Premature death would have been highly likely.  Family intervention saved me.  I happen to be one of those stubborn people who don't like filling my body with prescription medicine but it looked like that was my only solution when my blood pressure spiked to dangerous levels several years ago while on a family vacation to Arizona.  I thought my life as I knew it would change when my mother called my cousin, Dr. John Mulligan, to tell him we were headed to urgent care to get some pills.  I was right.  My life did change.  Surprisingly, my cousin told me he had some ideas he wanted to try if I was willing to hold off on the pills for a while.  His food experiment was exactly what my body needed.  45 days later I found my body had returned to normal.  No more high blood pressure readings, no more dangerous cholesterol levels and no more excess body fat.  My family doctor was astonished at my new lipid panel results.

People ask me why I never seem to get tired.  My day job is fast paced.  I attribute my high energy levels to my food program which mainly consists of fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  Even though I found the source of my health challenges, my gut is telling me I need to keep learning about why so many of my friends and family members are getting sick.  Could it be the processed foods?  Is the problem related to artificial ingredients or fertilizers?  Do our bodies no longer tolerate many of our modern foods?  Something is very, very wrong.  My gut tells me to avoid almost everything on the shelves with labels and stick with natural foods.  Eating like a caveman is becoming more appealing as each day passes.  Listen to your gut.  There's a reason it's crying out for you to skip that fast food joint on your way home from work.  Have a great day.


No comments: