Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day

The man from Italy told us he was celebrating his birthday when my wife asked what his plans were.   He turned his cell phone on as soon as the wheels touched the ground and called his brother.  We couldn't understand what he was saying because he was speaking Italian but his expression was revealing.  When he was done, he translated his brother's message.  "Welcome to Heaven."

The Italian departed when the doors rolled.  My wife and I looked out the window and decided the brother was right about our location.  Six hours later, another flight arrived with an angel on board.  The plane was so full that she took a jump seat to get here on time to celebrate her birthday with us today.  Her journey to get here took an act of God.  Like father, like daughter.

Non believers have no idea what I've been writing about these last ten years here on this blog.  They may think St. Patrick is some crazy Irishman with farfetched stories from the past, just like all those Bible stories that couldn't be true.  I meet people who think this way every day, like the ticket agent who told me I didn't have a chance in Hell to get where I am now.  I told her, "give it a try anyway."

The impossible became possible.  I ran as fast as could and got in the TSA preapproval line convinced everything would work out against all odds.  I had to go to the regular line when the guard noticed the required information was missing.  Never did I lose hope or faith.  Once cleared, I ran to my gate waving my standby ticket to the man about to close the door shut.  Once through the last obstacle, a deep voice came on over the PA system.  "Ladies and gentlemen, we're sorry for the delay.  The technical difficulties we were experiencing are all good now."

I woke up in my Heavenly bed this morning and we're headed to the tennis courts as soon as the sun comes up.  This story may appear later than the normal scheduled time due to my time zone changes but I want you to know everything is ok.  Our angel will wake up soon and we'll be celebrating her birthday today.  Happy St. Patrick's day.  Have a great day.

No comments: