Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Vault


The confidence people have in you and their willingness to share with you is directly related to your ability to keep sensitive conversations private.  When people don't trust you, look in the mirror and ask yourself what you can do to fix the problem.  I have a rather simple solution that I use – the vault.  This is where I lock up all the secrets that are not to be shared publicly and I keep them there.  Sure, there are "bank robbers" and "lock pickers" who want to know about what's inside my vault but I question why they bother because they're not in the "circle of trust" for one specific reason, past performance reveals they have loose lips.

The next time someone asks you to keep a conversation private, put everything in the vault and leave it there forever.  If you ever leave the vault door open, you will lose all credibility.  Your personal integrity is on the line.  Be vigilant.  Have a great day.


No comments: