Friday, May 4, 2018

Pay Attention to the Triggers


Some people are walking time bombs.  I know of places filled with land mines.  There are things, events and activities that may be booby-trapped.  Your calendar or your watch are possible suspects.  Triggers are all around you.  Even your own emotions can get the best of you if you're not paying attention.  I believe triggers, when you see them coming, can be useful to keep you in your happiness zone.

The next time you find yourself in a difficult place or situation, ask yourself, "Was there a sign I could have seen in advance that could have kept me out of danger?"  That's your trigger.  Triggers are my reminders to do certain things to prepare myself for something that may take me out of my comfort zone.  I'm reminded to concentrate on my breathing or relax my body.  This helps me during times of confrontation.  Make triggers part of your early warning detection system and learn to deal with unpleasant situations.  Have a great day.


No comments: