Monday, May 21, 2018

6 Year Anniversary at Day Job


I rarely share about my day job on my blog due to social media privacy concerns.  My hope is to one day gain permission to become an authorized speaker for the company I've been working for these last six years.  What an amazing journey it's been.  I showed up in my new home state sporting a Mulligan's island tee shirt from my cousin, Mark, and a donated winter coat from one of my former tennis teammates who once lived in Alaska.  It was a challenging time for our family because we laid our beloved pet, Lucky, to rest just before departing our family home of twenty-two years in Southern California.  I wasn't sure how our son's six pound chihuahua would do in the Midwest but my fears dissipated the first time I watched Roxy sprint in the open corn fields.  She appeared ready for a new adventure.  I was the uncertain one.  Word spread quickly that a family from California moved in.  A relative pointed out a new employer was expanding in the area and I jumped at the opportunity.  I was one of the first fifty hired.  Next to marrying the love of my life and raising three children who are now adults, this day job has been one of my greatest adventures of all times.

I would like to thank all my teammates for accepting me into their lives.  They were there for me at my lowest point when I got injured in a horrific auto accident earlier this year.  As much as I wanted to return to work, my boss put his foot down and urged me to make a full recovery first.  It was during those eight weeks off that I realized just how much I love my day job.  The work is rewarding and the people are top notch.  Six years later, Roxy is still sprinting in the corn fields.  I'm certain this is where I belong.  Many of the first fifty hired are still going strong and all of us are looking forward to exciting times ahead.  Happy Anniversary to my teammates.  Have a great day.

No comments: