Sunday, March 11, 2018

Silence of the Mind


Antsy.  Restless.  Unproductive.  Those are a few of the words reverberating inside my brain during my recovery.  The more powerful message I need to hear comes from above.  Psalm 46:10 trumps my mantras, Be still and know that I'm God.  Jesus wants the merry-go-round to slow down.  Until my accident, I only knew two speeds, fast and faster.  There are so many lessons to be learned in the stillness.

I may not be able to control which words are floating around in my brain, but I do have the power to focus on the thoughts that lead to healing.  There is one word that stands out and helps to cancel out any negative thoughts holding me back.  That word is gratitude.  Gratitude connects me with my Creator and with the outside world.  Gratitude is living in the moment and savoring it to the fullest without regard to tomorrow or the day after.  Gratitude is being thankful for the quiet moments that have been given to me.  It's in times like these that I discover something fascinating – my soul is healing.  I'm thankful for that.  Have a great day.

No comments: