Monday, March 5, 2018

My New Fight Song

Today marks four weeks since my auto accident on Feb 5.  I've been on the sidelines ever since receiving a bone crushing blow to my left side.  My body is still broken but my spirit is unyielding in my desire to get back up and get back in the game of life.  I find comfort knowing there are others praying for my recovery.  My teammates are undefeated in all the matches played while I've been on the bench and they're cheering for me to get back on my feet again.  How can I lose with inspiration like this?

I discovered my new fight song about an hour before I returned to the hospital with a 103.2º fever Saturday afternoon.  The song struck a chord deep within my soul.  I admit it hurts to keep getting knocked down over and over.  Even the referee must be getting tired having to do so many standing eight counts in what appears to be a never-ending boxing match.  Every time I think I'm ready to return to the outside world, something happens.  Right now I'm dealing with the flu.  That means five more days on the bench until I'm no longer contagious.  After that, I need to return to the hospital to see how the doctors want to treat my pleural effusion.   The first procedure was a success but there is still more fluid near my spleen that must be drained before I'm declared healthy again.

Thank you for all your support.  Here's a link to my new fight song, The Champion, by Carrie Underwood.  Have a great day.


No comments: