Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Lucy, It's Time to Step Away from that Football


If you're in my age group, you know the Charlie Brown story very well.  Lucy, sets up the football and urges Charlie to go for the field goal.  He charges full speed ahead.  Lucy snatches the football at the last second and Charlie Brown ends up on his back.  Good grief!  Over and over, she tricks him with her shenanigans.  I had a similar feeling throughout my recovery since my auto accident.  No matter how hard I tried to kick that football through the uprights, Lucy got in my way. Just like Charlie Brown, I repeatedly ended up flat on my back.

Move over, Lucy.  It's time to step away from the football.  I'm taking my life back.  I've spent over a month huddling with my prayer warriors.  My doctors have been working around the clock to repair my broken body.  Now it's time for the insanity to stop.  I'm trying new things to restore my health, like deep breathing techniques.  My caveman eating habits are playing a major role strengthening my body.  Although the doctors estimate full healing at the six week mark, I do believe I'm ready to help out at my day job if the bosses give me the green light.  My body temperature has returned to normal and I should no longer be contagious in a couple of days.  Special thanks goes to all those cheering for me from the peanut gallery.  Better days are ahead.  Have a great day.

No comments: