Sunday, March 18, 2018

R.I.P. Vicky Tate, Wife and Mother of 7


My friend, Jim Tate, posted news of his wife's passing after a challenging battle with Frontotemporal Degeneration and ALS.  Vicky will be missed by her loving husband, seven children, friends and community members of the town of Ramona, located northeast of San Diego.

I would like to share with you something Vicky did for me that forever changed the course of my life while I was living in Ramona.  Our pastor put together a retreat to help people get closer to God.  Jim and Vicky were one of the first people in our congregation to answer the call.  Their retreat was such a success that our pastor decided to host another retreat for those who missed out.  Jim and Vicky volunteered to help out as "shepherds."  On the third day, our pastor called for an invocation of the Holy Spirit using an ancient technique known as the "laying of hands."  Our pastor first laid his hands on the shepherds to receive the Holy Spirit.  The shepherds repeated the laying of hands on the "sheep" in the congregation.  Vicky was my shepherd.  When she laid her hands on me, she felt something, like a heat coming from my head.  She knew something significant was happening and she was right.  I received a vision.  If you ever want to know what I saw, ask me and I'll share more.  All I can say is the moment Vicky laid her hands over my head my life changed forever, just as the first apostles were never the same after their encounter with the Holy Spirit.

Vicky is at peace now.  Her work here is done.  I'm one of the "sheep" she helped.  I will never forget what this couple has done to help make the world a better place.  R.I.P. Vicky Tate.  Peace be with you and your family.  You will be missed. ¡Vaya con Dios!




No comments: