Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Forward Progress


I got some good news from one of my doctors yesterday.  He's happy my body is recovering on its own and further draining of my pleural effusion is not necessary.  He told me broken ribs take the longest to heal because breathing keeps the bones in motion.  That's okay with me.  I'm just happy to be rounding third and heading for home on my recovery efforts.  I'm expecting to have all my restrictions lifted on Monday, March 19.  My plan is to spend some time with family for two additional weeks before returning to my day job.

I would like to thank my teammates for stepping up during my absence and my boss for all her support during my time away.  I'm looking forward to getting back into my regular routine soon.  I promised my doctor I would start slow on the tennis courts.   The last thing I want to do now is go backwards.  Thanks again for your good thoughts, prayers, cards, letters, text messages and phone calls.  I'm hoping to be able to thank you in person soon.  Have a great day.

No comments: