Friday, November 4, 2016

Progress Report from the Lab Rat


I'm sharing my progress report today from the Caveman Food Experiment I entered fourteen months ago.  What's missing in the the weight chart above is the first week of data.  My initial weight at the beginning of September, 2015 was 185.  I weighed in this morning at 151.6.  In fact, my weight has been holding steady in the 150 to 155 pound range for the last twelve months.  In my opinion, these numbers won't change for the rest of my life as long I stick to the foods recommended at the beginning of the experiment by my cousin, Dr. John Mulligan, while avoiding certain foods I believe to be trouble makers.

People ask me how I get the discipline to maintain my weight.  Other than the first 45 days of adjusting to my new food program, it's not really discipline.  I believe it's simply choosing to eat the foods my body likes while skipping the foods my body dislikes.  I love my morning smoothies with a fried egg covered in mushrooms, onion, tomato and nuts.  My daily spinach salad, also topped with nuts, raisins and tomato tastes delicious without any need for dressing.  And my dinner is my opportunity to experiment with new ideas based on fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds.  I'm planning on including some of these recipes when I publish more details about my adventures in food, scheduled for release on 5/1/17.  That's it from the lab rat.  Have a great day. 

No comments: