Sunday, August 3, 2014

Why Consistency Matters


Every day, every time, without fail, no exception ~ Bob Zand, a good friend from another land

One of my best memories of my dad was car shopping shortly before he passed away.  He was looking for a new car.  I introduced him to my good friend, Bob Zand.  Bob is one of those people who sees the world through rose-colored glasses.  He believes you keep your head up, no matter how bad the current situation may be.  Like all Americans, Bob grieved the day we were attacked on 9/11.  Bob's pain was double.  He told me about all the dirty looks he got from co-workers, just because he grew up in the same part of the world as the attackers.

Bob overcame all the prejudice.  He saved enough money to buy his own five-star car dealership.  And he did this by paying attention to the smallest of details.  I memorized his mantra and adopted it.  It helped me get through some dark days.  Repeat after me, "Every day, every time, without fail, no exception."  Thank you, Bob Zand.  Your words inspire me to write every morning when I wake up.   The streak is still going at 1,800 days in a row.  August 29th will be my five year blogiversary.  Yes, consistency matters.

No comments: