Thursday, August 28, 2014

Called Out of the Cave


My best friend shot this picture during one of our spelunking adventures many years ago before I descended into the darkness.  We used flashlights and candles to navigate the underground caverns.  The experience took my breath away.  I loved the journey.  Without any outside light, we lost track of time.  Hours passed before we returned to civilization.

Tomorrow marks five years since I was called out of my spiritual cave to begin a new life as a writer and blogger.  I will celebrate my liberation tomorrow on my five year blogiversary.  That's 1,829 consecutive days of writing.  It was preceded by five years of daily love letters to my wife.  Each day I see a little more light.  I learn how to better use my writing talents.  I become more comfortable using the modern writing tools available to this generation of story tellers.  Please join me tomorrow for the celebration.  The best part of the journey is knowing I'm not alone and that you are with me.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share my life with you. 

No comments: