Monday, July 22, 2013

Who Unlocked the Door to the Looney Bin?


A bunch of crazy people reside in the secret crevices of my mind.  I'm not really sure who found the key to the Pandora's box they were confined to but they're out now.  That's what happens when a writer gets too close to his fictional characters.  They invade the outside world and leave behind a spattering of exclamation marks.  My only hope for sanity is to scribble their ramblings on napkins during lunch breaks when I'm separated from my Macbook Pro.  This is my reality.  Is my life one big paradox?  Richard Feynman defined it this way... "A paradox is not a conflict within reality. It is a conflict between reality and your feeling of what reality should be like.'' 

Good writing is marinated in rich layers of conflict.  Great writing is limited to those who take risks and free themselves from the prison cells of a mundane life.  They don't follow the recipe.  They experiment.  What kind of writer am I?  The jury is still out.  I don't have time to wait for the verdict.  I'm too busy getting to know the inmates.  They won't leave me alone, especially when I'm trying to sleep.  Visiting hours are 8:08 AM, Pacific Time, seven days a week.  For those who want more, visit my writer's blog, Caveman Reflections every Friday, also at 8:08 AM, Pacific Time.  Don't forget to leave your comments below.

No comments: