Thursday, July 25, 2013

Turning Point


A good friend once told me, "if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."  The truth is, I've made a lot of people laugh at various stages of my life's journey when I shared my plans.  A few even cried.  I believe there is one specific turning point in my life that dramatically changed everything.  It's the moment I told God I was ready for His plans.  It came in two stages.  The first stage was easy.  The second stage was the most difficult, probably because of my trust issues and my own stubbornness.  I really didn't want to let go of the money.  It was frightening.  Here's what happened:
  1. I looked at every area of my life and discovered that the only area that was a mess was the part of my life I was in charge of.  
  2. I asked God to forgive me for holding on so tightly to my finances.
  3. I told God He was in charge and that everything belonged to Him including my possessions.
  4. I stopped fighting my mortgage company.
  5. I quit worrying about how I was going to provide for my family.
  6. I prayed more consistently.
  7. I got over my trust issues.
  8. New opportunities appeared out of thin air.
  9. I found peace.
  10. My liabilities began to vaporize.
I'm thankful for the turning point in my life.  All the credit goes to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  The best advice I can share today is let God be in charge of everything.  Don't hold back.  Give it a try.  And don't forget to share about your turning point.

No comments: