Monday, July 29, 2013

How to Hit the Bull's-eye

If you're struggling to learn a new skill, today's story is for you.  Here are seven pointers to help you hit the bull's-eye consistently:
  1. Visualize what your life will look like once you master the new skill.  
  2. Shoot the arrow at your target.
  3. Look at where the arrow landed.  This will give you the feedback you need to aim higher, lower, more to the left, or more to the right on your next shot.
  4. Fire another arrow.
  5. Repeat step number three.
  6. Each time you take a shot, you are getting closer to your target.  The more arrows you shoot, the more accurate you become.
  7. Don't stop shooting arrows.  If you ever feel like giving up, go back to step one.  If that isn't enough motivation for you to keep shooting, ask yourself, what will happen if I don't learn to hit the bull's-eye?  Giving up has consequences.  Don't give up.
Target practice is now a big part of my life.  These blog stories help me to improve my writing skills.  I shoot one arrow every day at my target.  1,400 arrows is a lot of practice.  Some day I will be able to hit the bull's-eye consistently.  How about you?  What target is in your sights?  Are you willing to keep aiming every day until you master your new skill?  Please share your thoughts below.

No comments: