Saturday, March 16, 2013

Why St. Patrick's Day is My Favorite Day of the Year

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.  “Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise—  “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth. ~ Ephesians 6:2-3


My dad's parents, Vic and Alice Mulligan, had ten children.  You would think they were showing their Irish side when they named my dad Patrick.  The real story is that my "grammy" was a prankster.  When she birthed twin boys on Christmas day,  she was thinking about all those Pat and Mike jokes that were popular in her day.  Rumor has it that when the brothers grew up, they made a bet to see which one would have a St. Patrick's Day baby.  All I can tell you is three of my sisters were born within ten days of St. Patrick's Day.  Dad lost the bet when cousin Patty appeared on the scene.  I never heard about this tale until my daughter was born on St. Patrick's Day, twenty years ago.  I prayed for this little miracle to bring honor to my dad.

This St. Patrick's Day marks the 8th anniversary of Zoomautos.com, a company I co-founded with a group of special partners I worked with for a number of years.  They agreed to run the company when I told them I wanted to leave California to be close to my wife's family.  Tomorrow I will raise my special Zoom beer mug and toast these great people.

This St. Patrick's Day marks the second anniversary of my first book, God's Black Sheep Squadron.  I'm also releasing the first chapter of my second book on St. Patrick's Day in honor of my dad, also a writer and independent publisher.  The cyber-bistro I created is a tribute to Mulligan's, a bar my dad started up when I was in high school.

Mulligan's is only a memory now.  The brick and mortar has been replaced with cyber-space seating.  Come join me at Caveman Reflections Cyber-bistro and toast my parents, my partners and my family on my favorite day of the year.  I would like to give an extra special toast to my mother who gracefully dealt with more than her fair share of shenanigans over the years.  Come back tomorrow and share a cyber-toast with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Facebook can save you money in your everyday life and even give you access to free things.
Numerous popular websites and blogs get significant percentage
of their visits from Facebook sharing and promotion. We are the
most honest provider of facebook likes in internet arena.


Also visit my weblog get more facebook likes