Saturday, March 9, 2013

Secret Hiding Places Where Your Regrets Live

Kaboom!  That's the sound of all my regrets blowing up.  I hunted them down, one by one, in all their hiding places.  They lived in the dark shadows of my past and in the corner of my mind.  They were well-trained snipers who knew my vulnerabilities.  I cut off their supply lines and forced them out of their entrenched positions.  Once out in the open, my regrets were powerless.  I bound them up and tossed a hand grenade on them.  They are gone.  Forever.  I'm free.

Do you have regrets in your life that haunt you?  Here are some tips for removing them:
  1. Acknowledge you have regrets.  They are like termites.  You may not be able to see them, however, if you inspect your home, you will find evidence they are destroying your living space.
  2. Decide you want to exterminate your regrets -- every last one of them.  If even one regret is left behind, it will breed and you will have a re-infestation.
  3. Use overwhelming force.  Regrets are powerless once you stand up to them.  Be confident.  Be bold.  Show your regrets how strong you are and how willing you are to stand up to them.
  4. Remember who you are, what you have, and what you are capable of no matter who you were, what you had, or what you failed to do.
  5. Be thankful.  Regrets can't stand to be around happy people.  A daily dose of gratitude is as powerful as a hand grenade although not as dramatic.  We Mulligans have been known to be more on the dramatic side.  Besides, I like the sound of "Kaboom."

No comments: