Thursday, March 21, 2013

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Will somebody please pinch me?  I want to make sure I'm awake and not dreaming.  After 1,300+ consecutive days of blogging, I reached a new milestone yesterday on the first day of Spring -- 500 page views in a single day.  I didn't achieve this overnight.  Anything in life worth pursuing requires a long-term commitment.  I believe slow and steady wins the race.  For those of you who have something to share with the world, there has never been a better time to put on your running shoes and enter the race track.

This is a great time to acknowledge some special people in my life.  For those of you following my latest book project, The Caveman in the Mirror, here's an advance look at how the book credits will appear...

Top credit for this book goes to my mother, Gloria Delores Mulligan.  I would like to recognize her own faith journey, her daily commitment to prayer and church attendance, and her constant encouragement.  There were those few times growing up when she chased me and my unruly brothers around the house with a shoe in her hand, yelling "I don't mean maybe!"  It was hard to take her too seriously.  In my adult life, I look to her for guidance.  I trust her 100% and I trust the One she follows 100%.  She is one special lady.  That's her on the bicycle.

I would like to recognize my loving wife, Helen Marie, who holds my hand and keeps my heart warm, especially on cold winter nights in our new home state of Iowa.  She supports my calling to write daily and graciously gives me the moral support I need to accomplish all God asks of me.

To my children, Ryan, Nicole and Shane, I thank you for all the sacrifices you endure putting up with my writing deadlines.  Each of you inherited the writing gene prevalent in our family for countless generations.  I encourage you to nurture the talent you have within you and to write compelling stories with life lessons for future readers in the generations yet to come.

To my extended family, my ancestors and to the lost members of our family tree who have been recently found, thanks for sharing your lives with me.  Thank you, cousin John, for endorsing this book and for encouraging me to keep stretching out of my comfort zone.  A big shout out goes to cousin Mark, founder of Castaway Kids.  Thanks for bringing your music to my new home state and for being my first visitor after my relocation to Iowa from California.  I will keep encouraging my readers to send a couple of pesos your way in support of your charitable works south of the border.

To the Angels in the Outfield who believed in me when I wrote my first book, I say thank you.  You will always be in my heart.

And to those who are reading this book, I say thank you.  All of us in this world are filled with questions.  We each have our own journey and our own purpose.  Thanks for sharing the road with me and for taking the time to read this book.

***Editor's Note***

Click here to read chapter one from The Caveman in the Mirror.  Don't forget to bookmark it and come back every Friday for new chapters as they are released.  Chapter two will be posted at the Cyber-bistro at 8:08AM, Pacific Time, tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple оf your articles аs long aѕ
I provide credit аnd ѕourсes back tο your ѕіte?
Μy blog site is in the very ѕame area of interеst as youгs аnd my users would genuіnely benefіt fгоm sοmе of the information you present hеre.
Pleasе let me know іf thiѕ alrіght with уou.
Regards! click here