Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I Am Alive

"I am alive," marine helicopter pilot, major Bryan Forney gratefully acknowledged from the burn ICU after being shot down while on a mission in Thailand on February 20, 2013.  No one was killed, however, Bryan suffered serious injury and will undergo skin graft surgeries every four to five days.  He will be restricted to ICU for the next two months.  His biggest risk is controlling infections and he will be separated from his three children until it is safe for him to come out of ICU.

Bryan and his wife, Jenny, were fellow parishioners at my church in Ramona, California, before he was deployed to Okinawa.  He suffered 3rd degree burns over 54% of his body.  Outpatient rehab will be necessary for about two years, once he is released from ICU.
Bryan and Jenny Forney

We have a long road ahead, his wife wrote in an email, but one that we are grateful to be on together.  This young family has the support of the marines, the Semper Fi Fund and countless prayer warriors who care about them.  The last thing I said to Bryan before he was deployed was, "You will be in my prayers."  The family is receiving prayers from all over the world and Jenny says, "I am seeing a miracle unfold right before my eyes."

Please keep Bryan and his family in your prayers.  Here is a link to Bryan's FaceBook page for anyone interested in showing support for Bryan and his family on his road to recovery.  Please share the road with him.  Take a moment and click the like button once you are on his site.  May God bless you and your family, Bryan.  I'm sending you a big "Hooah" from Iowa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rеallу like yоur blοg.. ѵery niсe
coloгs & theme. Did you make thіs webѕitе yourself or did you hiгe ѕomeοne to do іt fοг you?
Plz аnswer back аs I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. appreciate it Visit www.tinnitus411.com