Thursday, September 15, 2011

When Your Life Goes Kablooey

Are you one of those people who knew you would have 2.4 children and live in a home with a white picket fence?  You planned everything right down to the last detail and thought you were in total control of your life?  Then, one day you woke up and your life went kablooey.

I can't answer why disaster struck, however, I've learned an important lesson about how to cope with the unexpected chaos that appears out of nowhere.  I hope it brings you some measure of comfort in your time of change.

The most important thing to remember is that you are loved.  You were created for some kind of purpose even though you may have trouble seeing it today.  Ultimately, you are going to live forever.  The situation you are in at this moment is only temporary.  You are permanent.  The love you give to others is a forever thing.

As I reflect on all the times when I heard a kaboom while expecting a trumpet, it's those cruddy days that shaped me into the person I am today.  My best writing and my best work usually appear right after a kablooey moment.  Keep your head up; better days are ahead.

No comments: