Friday, April 19, 2024

Getting Ready for Miracles in May

 Doors are opening.  I can't wait.  Deep down inside I have a feeling I need to pace myself, however, the excitement I feel is making my heart skip a beat.  The original friends and family "Live Long and Prosper" launch party scheduled for St. Patrick's Day was scrubbed when I got word my mother's older brother passed away in Arizona.  There will be a small gathering at a friend's house to thank my friends and family for all their support during my book writing journey.  Once the celebration concludes the real work begins on May 1.  That's when the fund raising goes into high gear for the sick kids at University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital.

There is a tentative meeting scheduled for May 1 at City Hall to propose four outdoor Pickleball courts for our community.  My hope is that enough committee members are available to hear our pleas.  The community is garnering grass roots support for the idea.  We now have 72 people in our newly established Iowa County Pickleball Club.  The volunteers who run the club have already ordered special shirts.  You've heard of the "men in black."  Well, these volunteers are "the women in black."  When they get moving, I'm certain the men in the community will follow.  They know how to get things done.  If all goes well I will count our shared success as the first miracle in May.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: