Tuesday, April 16, 2024

By the Numbers

I have shared my life on this daily blog 5,352 times but I've never done a post by the numbers, a summary of my life.  Here goes:

10  – The average number of times I need to do something new until I get it right.

  9  – The number of close calls I've had with death.  

  8  – The number of hours I attempt to sleep nightly.

  7  –  Multiplied by 70 = the number of times I need to forgive my enemies when they hurt me.

  6  –  The number of offspring my parents brought into this world.  

  5  –  The target number of hours I spend on the tennis courts per week.

  4  –  The number of weeks I need to make a new habit stick.

  3  –  The number of books I've written.

  2  –  The average number of meals I consume daily.

  1  –  The number of people who came to Jesus because of the stories they found on this blog.

Like my Kindergarten teacher who issued me a report card which was carefully preserved by my mother for over fifty years before sharing it with me, this "report card" could use some improvement.  I'm sharing because as flawed as my life may be, there may be something here for somebody somewhere.  If you are that somebody, thank you for visiting.  Have a great day.

No comments: